Bungie, Inc., founded in 1991, is the development studio responsible for the highly successful Halo series of video games and is developing Destiny. The company was acquired by Microsoft in 2000, but in 2007, Bungie split off and once again became an independent company with the rights to Halo still belonging to Microsoft. On February 11, 2013, Bungie announced that it was developing the MMOFPS Destiny which would be published by Activision, with intellectual property rights remaining with Bungie.
The full list of Bungie games:
- Gnop! (1990)
- Operation: Desert Storm (1991)
- Minotaur: The Labyrinths of Crete (1992)
- Pathways into Darkness (1993)
- Marathon series (1994-1996)
- Abuse (1996)
- Myth series (1997-2001)
- Oni (2001)
- Halo series (2001-2010)
- Bungie Inc. states that the reason they named the company Bungie is a guarded secret.
- They have a famous obsession with the number 7. Understandable, since 7 is the best number ever.
- Bungie's 7 Step Plan for World Domination is dangerously close to being complete, with Step 7 (Take over World. Shoot enemies into sun with giant slingshot.) being marked as "In Progress...". Direct intervention recommended if plan develops further.